Saturday 9 February 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR OF THE SNAKE!




Last week I received an email with the subject line Happy New Year, but under strict instructions to delete any suspicious email I hesitated for a few seconds then my cautious mind and fat finger clicked on the mouse and I opened it. A smiling snake, the brightest colour I have ever seen, jumped onto my screen and I could just see my P45 in my hand after our IT jerk filed another complaint about my misuse of company property.
After few scrolls down I read “Gong Xi Fa Cai from George.”
After so much preparation for the 25th December and New Year we travelled to a different part of the world to celebrate another Christmas on the 7th January and another New Year on the 14th January. In between we squeezed one belated 80th birthday and a post-Christmas engagement party.  And when we were was just about to settle down for a quiet January I get a fancy red snake smiling at me so friendly it reminded me that tomorrow is Chinese New Year’s Eve and the start of the Year of the Snake.
Personally I am scared of snakes (I am expecting lots of Fjord’s comments) even though I was born in another year of the snake. According to the Chinese Horoscope people born in the year of the snake are intuitive, introspective and basically all the traits my husband disliked.
I totally agree with Chinese wisdom which says a Snake in the house is a good sign because it means your family will not starve.  My husband’s Buddha Belly is proof of that.
Snakes’ favourite colour is red and I do love red. I wouldn’t agree on the typical snake choice of jewel- topaz. I prefer a bit of diamond, nicely polished.  The biggest hobby of the typical snake is touring and photography which are definitely my hobbies too. And according to Chinese astrology when Snakes go on holiday, they really go on holiday. I am sure every hard working Snake would agree with me that when you are on holiday there is no money to be spared. And I am sure my bank manager would agree!
A Snake hates being interrupted and I am sure my mother-in-law could vouch for the truth of that but that could just be a mother-in-law thing and nothing to do with me being a Snake.
A Snake’s mortal enemy is a pig and I do love a good pork chop with some apple sauce and nice roast potatoes. Not keen on greenery.
We Snakes get easily stressed and when stressed we hisssss….I do…Recently a lot….
This weekend I am celebrating the Chinese New Year of the Snake. I had to wait for it for 12 years to come around again and I am going to celebrate it with a vengeance.
To all of you out there, Snake, Pig, Horse and the rest of the Chinese Zodiac Kingdom Gong Xi Fa Cai!
Happy Year of the Snake from ReadyClickAndGo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is free